Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Randomness

This is a blog entry of random things I saw in one day and there is no need to mull over it or contemplate its meaning. There is no meaning.

We are humans. Collectively our cells, skin, body part, organs, etc make up our very being. Many times we look at ourselves as a whole unit, but have you ever stopped to think about just one part of your body? I did that today and came to this conclusion…our body parts must hate us. Have you ever thought about how your thigh feels to be forced into shorts two sizes too small in 85 degree weather with humidity? I would be pissed so why wouldn’t your thigh? Yet I see tons of women walking around torturing their body parts with clothing that cuts off circulation. Maybe your thighs don’t feel like showcasing the cottage cheese that’s taken residence on them. I respect my thighs…and their cottage cheese.

There is a Senegalese crackhead who enjoys hanging out right in front of my building. Maybe he doesn’t do drugs but he is clearly off. He doesn’t speak or do anything unless he hears African music. All jokes aside. He does nothing! As soon as the music from the shop next door comes on it’s like it activates his spidey senses and he goes to work. It reminds me of the movie Weekend at Bernie’s. Bernie was a dead guy who would seemingly come to life whenever music played. It’s exactly like that. So I’ve seen an African crackhead and now I’m just waiting to see an African rat on crack. That would be interesting.

No comments: